Sunday, October 13, 2024

October Prompts ~ memories of days gone by


This is a poem I wrote in 2011 and dedicated to all my children.  I found this looking through Until Anthony Comes Home, my first blog the year Anthony deployed. 

October is always a special time in that he came home that month.  I'll be forever grateful to God in His great mercy.  

 No One Can Go There for You

*No one can go there for you;

Your path of life is yours alone.

But I know this much to be true;

That in the end, it brings you home.

*No one can take the place where you should be;

Where God puts you every day.

But through His Love, the way we see;

His grace is there to show the way.

*Other can encourage;

Help and prod us on.

Be our inspiration;

Help us to be strong.

*I cannot carry your burdens;

Nor can you carry mine. 

But together, we can help each other;

Or to another, be a sign.

*God uses each of us each day;

To spread His Word of Love.

It might just be what another needs;

to find help from above.

*No one can go there for you;

Our path of life is ours alone.

But we know this much to be true;

That in the end it brings us home. 

Until next time, my friends.  May you carry within you the Peace of Christ, kellie 




No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...