Friends of Terra Dulcis, thank you for visiting. I don't know why, but I'm still reeling from this year's remembrance of the tragedy from 25 years ago. The anniversary has received so much media coverage, and of course, social media has brought out so many untold stories, at least stories I've never heard. It's no less heart wrenching these many years later. May all the lives lost (that day and in the days, weeks, and years that followed from the fallout) rest in eternal peace.
So many unknown heroes known only to God fought the good fight and were good and faithful servants to the end. People were out on what would have been a typical Tuesday morning in the big city, ( or flying over a field in PA) living their lives, providing for their families, interacting with coworkers, and the unimaginable created a turn of events that changed America forever. I know it did for me and my family, so many miles away. A son, who was only 13 years old at the time, later put on the uniform and went onto foreign soil to protect and defend that this never happens again. He came home, but many did not. NEVER FORGET. I know I never will.
But this is a daybook, so I'll move on, and try to lighten the mood a little.
Wearing: My cotton black 'skort' - the best of shorts and a skirt! with grey striped cotton pullover blouse. I've been wearing a knee brace for the last few days, but hey it's black and goes with anything!
Listening to: the AC at the moment. Yes, it's still very much summer here, and I'm really kind of over it! I'm an autumn, and this is cutting into the most beautiful time of the year! Very soon, I'll be listening to and praying with the Bishop Sheen audio of the St. Bridget prayers while switching over the laundry and doing chores. His beatification is coming up on the 24th, and our priest is getting to attend in St. Louis. Exciting time to be living! I have loved Bishop Sheen ever since my late teens when I was preparing for conversion.
Current project: A knit project which I'll actually be GLAD when it's finished. (Something you rarely hear coming out of my mouth.) I even put it aside briefly in August to start and finish a crochet piece. It's just that the yarn is so heavy (and HOT๐ฅ) to work with. While I love knitting almost as much as crochet, sometimes even I start something and can't wait for it to be done! But it's about 80% finished and will get put away for the Christmas parties. It's pretty, just cumbersome. But I'll get it done! I don't abandon projects just because they prove to be difficult. Call me stubborn.
Praying: So many prayers for those whose stories aren't mine to tell, but the intentions are there.
What's cooking: I actually don't know about today, but grilling burgers Tuesday night for a get together. I NEED to rearrange my freezer items so I can find stuff easier. We had to get a new fridge in June, and it has a bottom freezer. I love it but stuff automatically falls into the bottom -- gravity and all. I just need to take everything out and get a system down. Maybe I'll do that today. Maybe......
This isn't about cooking, but kitchen related. I ordered kefir grains online and am getting that started. It's only day 3 and I've already gotten a result I can actually drink! The first couple of days were getting them rehydrated so they could do their thing. I love adding kefir as a daily drink and it just requires milk and a couple of minutes each morning to keep them activated.
Looking forward: Well, that gathering mentioned is our monthly sister night dinner. So sisters and sistas will be descending on Terra Dulcis for an evening of good food, laughter and making memories. Note to self: we really need to get a current picture tomorrow night. Looking forward to some cooler temperatures in the near (PLEASE) future. Thankful for some rain we recently got. Looking forward to starting a new project soon. ๐๐งถ
Well, friends, that laundry isn't going to switch itself. That freezer isn't going to rearrange itself! ๐๐So, I'll sign off for now, but I want to leave you with something encouraging.
In John 14:27, Jesus says, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid”
So, I leave you with thoughts of peace. Make today amazing. Be you and be unafraid.
Until next time, All my love and hugs, kellie
No comments:
Post a Comment