Saturday, October 12, 2024

October prompts ~ I can see clearly now

 




Looking out the window as the morning light floods in, it just looked off.  Fingerprints, wet nose and paw prints! The dirty window clouds the glass to the point, the sun can't do its thing: light up the room.  

This might sound way too simple for some, but hey, I'm a simple woman.  The sun is like Jesus.  He is the light of the world after all.  I am like the glass.  There are days, the only example a person might see of the goodness of God is in my actions and words.  That's how powerful we each are. 

The room I want to fill with light are the people I come into contact with each and every day. If that glass (ME)is cloudy (needing to work on myself; that could be confession or an increased prayer life, etc.) that room can't see the light (so to speak), at least through me.  

I'm trying very hard to keep that glass clean and clear, so that the Light of Christ can be seen through me.  I know, I know.  Some light still passes through even when the 'glass' isn't clear.  We are imperfect beings striving for perfection......... in a world bombarding us with imperfections.  

We can help others to see the light of love, grace, happiness, maybe even answers.  Not that we ourselves are the light, but we must let Him shine through us. Someday, our glass will leave the world.  But hopefully others will remember the beauty they saw through it, and it brings them peace. 

Until next time, friends, Let the Light in, help others see it through you in what is sometimes a very dark world. I wish you peace, and Light today! kellie     


No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...