Friday, October 11, 2024

Lord hear our prayer




 Just sitting out on the porch, in the wicker rocking chair I love. The one with the nice, thick cushion in the seat.  The sun is almost gone for the day. I'm out here listening to cars driving by, planes ✈ flying over, the last of the birds chirping; feeling that evening breeze.  Praying hard for my family and loved ones. 

Everyone is carrying a burden of one kind or another. Some heavier than others.  But when they hurt, Mama hurts. It doesn't change one bit when they get older. In fact, their burdens seem heavier the older they get.  And you feel them all.

Like Mary at the foot of the cross, if you can't take their pain away then let me suffer with them. Once a Mama, always and forever a Mama. 

Just give them all strength, Lord, and peace, and the knowledge that they are not alone. You are with them. You have them all in the palm of Your Hands. Let them rest tonight knowing you are their God and will not leave their side.  This is my prayer for them tonight. 

Let us always praise Your most Holy name. The Name above all other names.  Jesus Christ our Lord. 

Til next time, friends. Prayerfully, kellie 🙏

No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...