Monday, October 14, 2024

October prompts ~ my 'style'

 

Today's 'prompt' is style.  I don't have a clue if they're talking about clothing or home decor preferences; so let's explore both.


Clothing:  I'm kind of a frump, meaning very short and on the wide side.  I can try to wear some capris and they look like long pants on me.  I can wear a longer top, and it could be someone's mini dress.  But basically I wear mid-calf to below the knee skirts and dresses, with a modest neckline blouse and some type of sleeve.  In the summer I'll wear long shorts and t-shirts.  I practically always wear tennis shoes, except at Mass. That's it.  Let's move on.

Decor vibe:  We live in a house that is 116 years old, built in 1908.  It has its own charm and eccentricities.  (kind of an understatement) I love old stuff.  So I love the lamps that look like they're from the 50s and 60s.  I have lace panels in the living room windows under the curtains.  I DO CURTAINS! I know these days people prefer shades or blinds, or 'window treatments'.  

Prominent colors you'll see in my home are: rust, teal, grey, warm colors of fall.  And they stay there all year round. But my bathroom is pink!  It's called blush but it's pink.  If I see something I like thrifting, I'll incorporate it into what's already here.  I have never 'redecorated' an entire room at one time.  

The important thing is our home is welcoming and inviting (I hope).  When you walk in, you don't ask what religion I am because that's pretty apparent immediately.  And I know that's not everyone's style, but that's ok.  It's mine.  We have a place where you can walk in, kick your shoes off (if you want to) and sit comfortably (or lay on the couch if you want). Throw blankets (yes, many of them home-made) are abundant and are there to be used for your comfort. 

 


I hope you have all the comforts of home today, and that's it's a place you love coming back to. Praying hard for all those victims of the recent hurricanes who've lost their homes.  God bless you.



Until next time, friends.  Take care. kellie 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...