Tuesday, October 15, 2024

October prompts ~ someone I miss

 

    Every year about this time, I get a little melancholy.  My birthday is fast approaching.  As the years fly by, that chasm of separation from loved ones who've passed on only grows. And I can't help but think about and miss the two who helped me come into being. Mama and Daddy.  
    But over the years, I've lost grandmothers, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends. More recently, we've lost siblings.  A sister and a brother.  Tommy as well, two brothers and a sister. We miss them all.  
    I've also lost dear, dear friends.  Friends who were as close to being family as you can get without the blood relation.  Some through illness, some through tragedy.  But the loss is still piercing to the heart, no matter the circumstances.  
    I also miss those who are still alive, 
but live away from us in different states.  My daughters, their husbands, their children.  They are all a part of our lives, but we don't see them regularly.  And I miss that. They're not part of the gatherings and cookouts --OR THE IMPORTANT SIMPLE MOMENTS that make up every-day happenings within our circle. 
    Life is hard, and when it is our time, each and every one of us will leave this earth. I strive every day to be a good wife, a good mother, a good sister, a good friend ---so hopefully I will be missed when I'm gone.  But more over I want my soul to be prayed for when I'm gone. 
    Life is also a joy.  Our journey here through this world is unscripted and we don't know the ending.  But it is up to us to decide-- each and every day-- where we will spend eternity.  
    Wishing you peace and joy today, even through your trials.  Dear readers, live today as though it could be your last.  Because, one day, friends, it will be.  Love to all ~ kellie   
    
     


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...