Wednesday, October 16, 2024

October Prompts ~ Gratitude

 

I haven't done a gratitude post in a very long time ---- and well, it's time to change that. 

Today, I am grateful for:

* My baby grandson's open-heart surgery being done today.  The doctors are very hopeful that all went well.  Continued prayers for his healing and improvement!

* That beautiful, cooler fall weather has finally fallen!

* The friendship of my sisters; our relationships and gatherings celebrating our bonds and love with one another.  We are all so different and yet, we compliment and support each other's strengths.  

* The grands that live next door spending some fun after-school quality time with Papa and Grammi.  They wanted hot cocoa, I was out.  Didn't have any cookies (or fruit!).  We fed them dinner, but it was Braums burgers, chips and water.  So, I wouldn't say I was completely equipped today, but I know what I need in order to arm myself more properly next time.  haaaaha.  I really don't think anyone cared what was lacking. 

* Just this minute turning on the heat for the first time this season --- ahhh.  My hands are finally thawing out. 

* All my health problems of this year being properly taken care of; and the healing taking over.  This has literally been the scariest year of my life as far as my own health goes. 

* The USMC Ball coming up in a couple of weeks - and being invited to attend with our son. 
I'll have the chicken.  I'll always have the chicken. 

Until next time, friends.  Don't forget to be grateful for every little thing.  Love you! kellie   

No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...