Sunday, October 6, 2024

Oct Prompts: Happy wife, happy life

 

Today's prompt was happy single life --- HAAAA.
Well, I wouldn't know anything about that subject.  And, seeing how this is my blog, my rules, I can mix things up any time I want! 
Here's a little rundown of how things went:

* Dated 4 years before we got married. 

* I planned and executed my own wedding details and paid for stuff little by little with my paychecks for several months.  While it was a beautiful ceremony and reception, the meal was a pot- luck.  Everyone who came brought something.  I know that makes a lot of people cringe hearing that!  And we had to be out of the church basement (hall) by 11 p.m.  While the men wore rented tuxedos, I made my own and my attendants' dresses, even the flower girl's.  Special indeed. 

* We have five children, 2 girls, 3 boys.

* We have 20 grandchildren, 2 currently on the way. 


* We worked TOGETHER in our careers for 43 years, running our own business.  I was the office and business end/ he was the manpower. And we're still together!  haha (trying to keep this light)


* In 2003, we renewed our wedding vows in a traditional Latin Mass, followed by dinner and dance.  This time we provided the full meal: spaghetti dinner with salads, breads and dessert. 

* We've lived in a total of 5 homes together, with the majority of that time spent on the property where we live now. 



* We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary several years ago with, yes, another party!  This one, we went ALL OUT, rented a venue, hired entertainment and everything. Fancy.  While we provided the meats, everything else was from the guests.  A semi-pot-luck!  That was a special night to remember.  All of our children were there, except our oldest, who was away on a job.  Good times were had.  
 
* We're still a handful of years away from 50th, and yes there will be a celebration, God willing. 


* 3 years ago, we entered retirement life -------- and never looked back!  Grateful we had an amazing job all those years where we could raise our family and provide for them, but enough is enough, you know??


* In 2022 we attended quite a "fancy soiree" event and had to dress up big time.  The United States Marine Corps Ball.  That was so fun!  

Well, I didn't mean to make this so long, but that's pretty much it in a nutshell.  I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day, friends.

Until next time, Peace.  kellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...