Monday, October 7, 2024

Oct Prompts - All is grace

 Today's topic didn't interest me, so it's a free-to-choose day (my rules).  It's going to be a 'journal' entry similar to one of my older blogs, and one I borrowed from a friend's blog I used to read regularly.


What I'm wearing:  Khaki shorts and a light-weight blouse.  Even though it's Oct 7, it still feels a little 'summery' in these parts.  


What I'm currently reading: Every day, reading from Father Ripperger's Deliverance Prayers, and my own personal (put together) notebook of daily prayers and intentions.  I'm in a season right now I'm spending a lot more time in praying than reading for my own entertainment. 

Listening to: at this moment I only hear the chittering and twittering of my parakeets.

What's cooking:  I don't always completely plan ahead for the week, but I do plan to make enchiladas and chili this week.  They are both a family favorite.  The enchilada recipe is based on one from my husband's family - tweaked a bit to my own liking.  And the chili I have made forever.  We saw fritos on sale yesterday and I knew we had to have chili this week. 

Prayer intentions: prayers being poured out in a BIG-BIG way for Tommy, all my children and their intentions, the newborn grandson who is having open heart surgery on Thursday, all the sick and suffering both in body and spirit, the souls in Purgatory - most especially those who are forgotten and have no one praying for them due to passage of time or neglect of those living. For our country, our upcoming elections.  Gratitude for my improving health daily after two surgeries this summer.  Everything.  Just every little thing.  Life is hard.  We can't make it without Him. 

Current project(s):  I'm a crocheter and just started a gift for a winter wedding coming up right after New Year's.  I had started a knitting project but put it aside for the time being to start on the other.  I really don't do well with more than one WIP going at the same time.  (WIP = crochet language for 'work in progress')  See! Now you speak a little crochet.  :)

What I did recently:  Painted both my front and back doors a beautiful shade of light teal (tree swallow).  Made new curtains for my 3 kitchen windows. (2 windows and the door).  And the highlight of my summer:  Went to Branson with two of my friends and we saw BACK TO THE BEE GEES, a tribute band.  

They are all so talented, and do a great show.  Yea, I'm always the shortest person in the room...........

Oh and the resort we stayed at was really, really nice.   

Well, that's probably enough for now.  I have dishes to wash and haven't even had my coffee yet this morning.  

Please keep baby Kastl in your prayers for his upcoming surgery and healing.  Sweet baby Kastl.  

Til next time, my friends; peace be to you. kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...