Thursday, December 14, 2023

Beauty

 

I love beauty.  But beauty is a relative thing, isn't it.  (picture credit: Manny Marquez)

* I love the beauty of the altar set up for Mass; the candles glowing and the solemn recitation of the rosary with the quiet voices in unison, "Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour or our death. amen.".  That is beautiful.  

* I love the beauty of a song.  It can be secular or a hymn.  If it touches us, if it stirs something within the heart - that is beautiful. 

* I love the absolute beauty of a child's innocent face.  Their eyes, the windows of their untainted soul untouched by sin or corruption, shine a light that can only come from the Creator.  That is beautiful.  

* I love the beauty of our humble home.  It's not big or fancy or new..........or stylish!  But it is where we spend our hours and days together in unity. It is comfortable and warm, and inviting to others.  That is beautiful. 

* I love the beauty of a flag gently flying in the breeze.  That flag is more than thread and fabric, more than the colors of my homeland.  It is the blood and life of every single American who took up the call to keep our country free.  That is beautiful. 

* I love the beauty of friendships.  They love and accept us through thick and thin.  We can laugh and cry and tell our secrets that they will keep.  That is beautiful.  

* I love the night sky.  It's a constant we know we can count on to be there night after night.  There is a peace and calm in the quiet darkness.  That is beautiful. 

* I love the sunsets.  Each and every one is unique and different, but a reminder that He is there, painting the sky with the colors of dusk- reminding us that He will watch over us through the night. That is beautiful. 

Many other things are beautiful, you just have to look around to see them.  I wish you much beauty in this day and in your life forever!  Just don't forget to look.  

Pax tecum.  Kellie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...