Monday, February 8, 2021

 





Dear **, 

It's me.  We haven't really spoken in a while.  At least not like we should.  There's been something I've been stewing over for a few years now.  I should have just come to you; but as time progressed, it became easier to become further and further away from that.  And of course, the more time that had passed, the more difficult talking about it became.  

But isn't that the way it goes?  Like confession ~ it IS good for the soul, but the longer you put it off the easier it becomes to put it off.   I'm not advocating that, obviously!   Last year I became sadly aware of the fact that we can wait until it's too late to try and make up for lost time.  I tragically lost a friend with whom I had lost contact for many years and I'll never be able to remedy that.  Maybe that experience is one of the reasons I've been rethinking this with you. 

You may not even remember the 'event' that prompted my feelings.  That's ok.  You may not even have been aware at the time that it was really very wrong.  My anger at the time was justified, but what isn't justified is my hiding it away in a part of my heart and letting it destroy a little piece of the puzzle that makes up the bigger picture of our lives.  

Maybe you noticed my distance at times.  Maybe not.  I'm not really sure.  But recent months and events have prompted me to take stock in myself and ask if there were any unresolved issues.  And of course, 'this' came up front and center.  I still haven't actually confronted you as of this post.  But someday soon, I will.  I don't want to wait until it's too late.  I don't want any regrets.  And I don't want you to have any either.  It is not my wish to hurt your feelings either by bringing up the past.  Hopefully, that will be evident.  

All I wish for you is a good life here on earth and eternal life for eternity.  I think that's the ultimate thing we can wish for anyone.  Ever.  We'll talk soon.  Just writing this has begun a process that has been a long time in the making for me.  Peace be to you and to your spirit. 

Kellie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...