Tuesday, August 11, 2026

An August daybook

 Dearest friends of Terra Dulcis! Greetings - glad to see you here; even if it HAS been a minute.......



I'm going to follow the old tried and true recipe for a day-book entry; what today (this week) looks like; my current project(s); meals I'm planning; prayers I'm praying; hopes I'm hoping.  You get the idea.

OOTD:  blue knee length shorts (it's multiple days of 100 plus here right now), a dark pinkish shirt I got for a dollar at GW just yesterday.  Of course I washed it!  Hair braided off to the side.  

Listening to:  the blessed AC blowing into the room, the clickety clack of the keyboard.  The peace of a quiet day at home.  

Current project(s):  I just finished a knitted blue and grey blanket.  Currently I'm almost done with a lovely pastel piece (knitted) but I'm adding a side border as it isn't as wide as I'd like.  Recently, my niece put some of my work in her online 'shop' and the items were delightfully received by the audience.  That's a confidence booster for sure!  So, slowly I'll try to get some fall/winter items together for her to present.  Since I love to do the craft, I just make items not knowing really where they'll end up eventually.  I'll concentrate on carry-all bags, scarves, beanie hats for the coming season.  And maybe a couple of throws/blankets.  

What's cooking?  We've had chicken and dumplings (rotisserie chicken/premade canned bisquits, etc.) prepared in the crockpot.  But I put the dough in too late, so had to transfer to a pot to 'simmer' the dumplings the rest of the way.  Will I ever learn??  Tonight, grilling burgers and tater tots.  We'll do spaghetti or tacos one night, maybe take out on another, and our standing bean tostada Friday night dinner with fixin's.  As usual I don't pre-plan real well on some nights and fly by the seat of my pants, but the freezer usually comes to my rescue. 

 Reading anything? - Not reading too much this summer.  I'm concentrating on the crochet/knit projects and getting some swimming in before the season ends.  Some of my favorite prayer books stay close, but no reading for summer pleasure as I used to.  Not right now anyway. 

Praying:  Speaking of praying, that's heavy.  Prayers for my husband, my children (their spouses), grands, siblings, our friends who are like family, the sick, the dying, our parish and priest, the state of the world.  Praying for rain, as dry conditions have reached dangerous levels now.  No longer is the landscape covered in green.  It's turning brown and crispy.  Rain isn't even projected in the future forecasts at this point. I know when it does start to rain, summer quickly turns to a wet and cold Autumn, and I'm actually quite fine with that.  

Planning:  Well, I 'hope' to plan to do a little work on this old place before winter hits.  Some of our walls/ceiling in the kitchen need fixed.  But I'm at the mercy of my other half getting this done.  I've harvested some sunflower and other seeds from my plants this week, and am excited to see if they germinate next spring. 

 


I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes which was read this past Sunday.  
By the Grace of God, I am what I am.  

Pax tecum, until next time, be blessed, kellie

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

An August daybook

 Dearest friends of Terra Dulcis! Greetings - glad to see you here; even if it HAS been a minute....... I'm going to follow the old trie...