Sunday, August 15, 2021

I am who I am



'Embrace it, it's inevitable,' they said.  I never thought the day would come, but it finally did about a year or so ago.  I just got tired of coloring (my hair) and I got tired of how it was really looking 'un-natural' when I did.  

Oh, and I thought I'd hate it when all the 'color' grew out.  But guess what?  I 💓💓💓 it. 
I love it because it is who I am today, and represents the gift that I have been given of still being here on this earth.  

Last year --- and I guess I've been in denial about it --- I almost wasn't.  Here anymore, that is.  And in the last 2 weeks, two gentlemen (both exactly my age) we knew and used to hang out with when our families were younger have passed from this life.  One from a battle with cancer, and one from covid.  Life is such a fragile and precious thing.  Way too precious to worry about fake hair color.

Yes, I finally reached that point that happiness doesn't come from a bottle of hair color.  But not just that.  I'm what you would call a 'woman of size' - and a short one at that (!).  But I'm healthy.  I've tried to change that, but it isn't easy.  I'm not saying I've given up, but it's a lot less a priority than it used to be.  God doesn't love me any less because my hair is turning white, or I buy my clothes from the size above L/XL......

We've just begun a pretty significant life-changing event this month, and there may be even more change in the near future.  But it's all good change!  I'm ready.  Take my life, Lord Jesus, and lead me where You wish me to go.  I will follow.  With my white hair and my XL sized capris, I will follow You.  Always.  

In Christ and Mary's love
kellie











                                


No comments:

Post a Comment

October prompts ~ learning about myself

  I realize that after retiring, I have a lot more time to recollect and think about things. I mean, before, there might have been a few min...